Customer Support Analyst
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
UnaVista is a software and data solutions business, offering global sell-side and buy-side clients a wide variety of products to assist with operational risk and trade processing (e.g. reconciliations, data solutions, regulatory reporting and trade confirmation services).
The Customer Support Analyst will work on a customer helpdesk supporting users at tier 1 banks, hedge funds, and other financial institutions. The candidate will also support internal infrastructure systems as well as liaising and coordinating work with the data centre staff (UnaVista is a hosted solution).
This role is shift based so the candidate will need to have a willingness to be on-call and work out of regular hours and on weekends.
• 3-4 years’ experience on a helpdesk or similar client-facing role;
• Service-oriented approach, good customer-facing telephone/email capabilities;
• Advanced knowledge of SQL (specific SQL Server experience is best);
• Basic understanding of networking including FTP/SFTP.
Additional specific technical knowledge:
• Previous experience with JIRA/Confluence (as a user, good; as an administrator even better);
• Basic Linux system administration skills, MySQL exposure.
Some financial domain exposure in one or more areas such as:
• Financial messaging (SWIFT FIN, FIX) and financial post-trade service providers (Omgeo, SWIFT Accord);
• Post-trade processing for equities, equity derivatives and other instruments. Knowledge in reconciliations and/or transaction reporting and reconciliations.
• Regulation, MiFID / EMIR
• Customer Support – helping man the UnaVista helpdesk, responding efficiently to customer queries and carrying out Tier 1 and Tier 2 investigation of reported problems in accordance with SLAs. Most support is via telephone or email and all customer contacts are to be reported in the helpdesk system;
• Build and maintain solutions on the UnaVista platform in accordance with requirements prioritised by product management;
• Ensure existing and new solutions are optimized and scalable to ensure on-going support requirements are minimised;
• Be or become highly knowledgeable in the relevant business domains;
• Work with product management and customers to ensure that business solutions are correctly designed and built;
• Work with development, professional services, QA and support teams to ensure that business solutions are delivered to plan and customers are satisfied;
• Data centre coordination – working with staff in the LSEG’s technical operations group to ensure that the UnaVista servers and network infrastructure are appropriately managed and maintained;
• Working with the Head of Support to continue to find ways to improve the level of customer service;
• Internal infrastructure administration – helping to administer the team’s case management module used for tracking helpdesk tickets, application lifecycle management, and project management tasks, etc.;
• Internal wiki, used for internal and customer-facing documentation.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks