Software Support Consultant
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ORTEC Central & Eastern Europe active
View all jobs Software Support Consultant active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Our people make the difference and are our most valuable asset
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Join us in Optimizing the World! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment, then we challenge you to take the step and join us at ORTEC to discover your optimum!
Who you are:
• Technical university education (Informatics, Engineering, Cybernetics or similar studies)
• Knowledge of MS Windows Platform, Networking, MSSQL
• Experience in working with Server-Client application
• Fluent in English. Russian/ French are a plus
• IT passionate
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Reliable and loyal
• Good humored and motivated
• Result and customer oriented
• Able to build lasting customer relationship
• Available to work in shifts
What you do:
• Respond to external customer inquiries and requests that come into the Service Desk via Customer portal/ticketing system in a timely and courteous manner
• Provides support to customers and field personnel as the primary contact for troubleshooting and resolving ORTEC product problems
• Provides critical account support where required; handles high volume of critical, high-risk accounts in addition to other routine requests
• Handles customer phone calls related to ORTEC products; analyzes problems; directs customers in troubleshooting activities; tests success of troubleshooting; diagnoses probable cause; systematically eliminates alternatives; provides troubleshooting solutions and training as appropriate
• Support customer needs including, but not necessarily limited to, system selection and installation, documenting policies and procedures, testing and troubleshooting applications, break/fix and root cause analysis, identifying and implementing solutions to system incidents, providing training support, implementing and testing system upgrades and maintenance, updating parameters, and identifying and implementing enhancements
You will achieve your results by being a reliable support consultant, motivated and well-organized and by forming the essential link between the ORTEC product experts and the end-users (planners) at the customer.
You will work together in a multi-disciplinary team in Bucharest office (around 160 people) and you will have frequent contact with your colleagues in other ORTEC offices around the world.
What we offer
• A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere
• Early responsibility
• Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
• Ample opportunities to develop yourself (internationally)
• Competitive salary package
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.