Scala Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Cerinte
Why should you join us?
At METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA we build the software and digital solutions that powers one of the biggest retailers in the world, Metro Cash&Carry.
The Identity and Access Management (IDAM) solution is our internal effective and highly available, cloud-based service fabric that insures the Authentication and Authorization for Metro customers, employees, suppliers, developers, technical services and devices.
IDAM caters to Metro product specific authorization needs by being a fast and secure way of verifying identities, it adheres to industry standard Oauth2 and OpenID connect specification, provides multi-factor authentication and allowing for identity federation (SAML2, 3rd party logins).
You will be part of a team of technical experts focused on developing the new Metro solution for Identity and Access Management. As a software engineer, you will develop mainly back-end applications that leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide.
Successful candidates will be innovative, passionate, flexible and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code.
· Working experience of Scala programming
· Fluency in Java acquired in 2+ years of development experience
· Good knowledge of working with Cassandra and SOLR or similar technologies
· Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger
You will definitely get our interest if you:
· Are familiar with the Lightbend stack: akka, akka http, akka streams.
· Have good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes;
You’re a great fit for us if you:
· Have the ability to communicate with users and other technical teams;
· Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive;
· Have a good sense of humor;
· Are always thinking, “What happens if this fails?”.
· Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team;
· Agile is a plus, but personality is key in working in this environment - Quick, fast environment where everyone contributes to each task
What we offer:
· Flexible working time;
· Lunch tickets;
· Health and life insurance;
· Private pension;
· Trainings (technical, soft skills, business, English);
· Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation;
· Gift vouchers;
· Fitness centers discounts;
· Sports activities & other company events;
· Relaxation area;
· Free Bookster account;
· Fresh orange juice, free coffee, fresh fruits.
*We also offer relocation package if you want to move to Cluj.