Automation Developer - Scripting
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Technical/Soft Skills – you have:
• University degree and/or Masters with a major in Telecom or IT.
• Ideally, at least 2 years of experience as an Automation Solution Architect / Automation Developer.
• Ideally 2 years of software development (PHP); knowledge of Groovy and webservices is a plus;
• Experience in improving and maintaining automation, robotics, networks, and processing systems.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Technical knowledge in Oracle/ SQL Server/ MySQL.
• Knowledge of XML/ XSL/ XSLT.
• Technical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and Telecom environment.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately to different stakeholders and to different customers.
• Ability to perform effective planning, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple task assignments.
• Good written and spoken English.
Main accountabilities – you will:
• Be responsible for automation systems design, specification, programming, and testing.
• Be responsible for translating customer needs and business requirements into detailed technical solutions and proposals supporting the integration and deployment of such solutions in production.
• Develop in-house automation; keep abreast of latest developments in automation technology and introduce them to wide operations to achieve cost savings and improve productivity.
• Diagnose and repair bugs within production code.
• Create simple SQL queries for validation of databases (case specific).
• Be responsible for creating high level/low level design specifications and other documents.
• Coordinate requirements gathering and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives and stakeholders that use cases accurately portray business needs.
• Contribute to project plan and participate in all project phases
What we offer
•We will value your competences
•You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
•You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
•You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
•You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
•Work from home and flexible work schedule
•Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
•You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc