Solution Engineer for Western Europe
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Systematic active
View all jobs Solution Engineer for Western Europe active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Systematic’s international defence business is growing. To accommodate this, we need several new colleagues to further develop our standard software SitaWare and IRIS, as well as to carry out all aspects of rollout for the customer.
You will be responsible for helping a segment of our customers implementing our standard software solutions in their technical infrastructure and work processes, so that the overall solution creates optimum value. During certain periods, you will join our software development team, which constantly maintains and refines our standard software based on feedback from our customers. The work is organised in cross-functional teams of system engineers, solution engineers, architects, testers and project managers, who collaboratively plan and organise the implementation of our systems in the customer’s organisation. The scope of tasks ranges from one-off assistance for a single element of the implementation process to full responsibility for a rollout.
- Instead of just delivering high quality software solutions, we are passionate about improving our customers’ operational performance and value. We take full responsibility for the solutions we deliver and never leave our customers alone.
- We are part of a changing defence environment and constantly look for new opportunities to become even better. We are not just waiting for whatever the future will bring to us, we wish to create and shape the future.
- We help soldiers come home alive. Our products provide opportunities to improve safety in difficult situations and to make the right decisions at the right time.
- Our team is working in multiple locations and is still able to work together efficiently. We see the fire in our eyes even through Skype.
- We are not afraid of travelling.
What’s in it for you:
- The mindset of creating something extremely valuable instead of just executing daily work.
- Extremely highly skilled colleagues helping and challenging each other
- We see failures as opportunities to learn and we ensure they are recognized before they have effects on our customers.
- The opportunity to see, learn and implement things that are only possible in a very few workplaces
- We are not just holding our current positions; we are creating something bigger on a daily basis and feel satisfied with our input to progress.
- We take a good care of our employees and make sure we have open conversations on a daily basis.
You will be involved in activities such as:
- Installation and configuration of Systematic’s software – usually within the customer environment
- Support during integration, system and acceptance testing
- Integration of 3rd party components
- Administrator and developer training
- Software development
- Estimation and preparation of solution descriptions as part of proposal work
- Technical sales support
You should apply for this job if you:
- You have good communication and teambuilding skills
- Are good at understanding the customer’s business and optimising the customer’s return from our solutions
- Want a challenging workday, in which close collaboration with customers is key and where creating good relationships and trust is vital
- Enjoy a variety of tasks in a dynamic environment that is driven by the customer’s priorities
- Want to be part of a team where you view all tasks as a chance to develop one another’s expertise
Description of team
A small team working seamlessly with teams of the same size and taking care of different types of defence projects. Physical location of this position is in Romania.
Your skills and personality
You will have a theoretical background as a computer scientist, engineer or similar. You will have 3 years or more experience with roll-out of software solutions and collaboration with customers.
You will have experience with some of the following:
- Primarily MS Windows technologies and preferably Unix technologies
- Microsoft Windows client and server OS configuration and installation, incl. user administration in Active Directory etc.
- ITIL, MCSE or similar certification
- IP network configuration and using TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS, DHCP, DNS, NAT and firewalls
- Flair for handling computer hardware, peripherals, serial connections to sensors and radio communication equipment etc.
- Troubleshooting skills in mixed software/hardware environments
- Java EE and/or .NET (C#), Groovy, Scala – in this regard experience with Java would be a particular advantage
- Database and SQL experience primarily using MSSQL but also . MySQL and Postgres etc.
- Integration using data services via SOAP, REST, HTTP, Web Sockets etc.
- Scripting using . PowerShell and batch etc.
- Test-driven development, profiling and optimisation
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Preferably military experience or domain knowledge
- Good communications skills with people and able to help when building bridge between our teams in different locations
- You enjoy working with customers
- Eager to learn more and able to find alternative ways to achieve our goals
You are a robust person who always sets the bar high. You have the desire and the ability to continuously develop yourself and your surroundings. You are a strong communicator with a great sense of drive. Building good relations is important for you, and you enjoy interacting with other people. Thanks to your organised approach, you can deliver results that help to create the software solutions of the future, and put them into play for our customers. You will be associated with our Romanian team, reporting to a project manager. The job offers a certain amount of travel all around the world, with the option for foreign secondment for shorter or longer periods.
Finally, you can speak and write English fluently.
Our IT solutions make it simpler for the users to make critical decisions. In the defence and healthcare sectors, critical decisions often concern matters of life and death. In both the private and the public sector, our solutions must handle large amounts of data, . in the library sector with more than 50 million yearly loans. To be able to continue the development of solutions that customers trust, we continuously challenge each other, our work processes and technologies. We have a highly pro-active education and training policy with defined career paths and internal pro-active Knowledge Networks.
We stay constantly focused on making everything better. Our unique combination of strong principles from CMMI and the best aspects of LEAN and Scrum enable us to develop reliable, high-quality solutions for our customers and to deliver them to the agreed price and deadline. We work in teams, and some of our teams include well-integrated insourced developers.
We prioritise a sensible balance between work and private life, and our agile approach provides you with an excellent opportunity of being able to plan your own tasks and working hours to a great extent. We value social cohesion at the workplace and have a very active staff association.
Because we also work with security-classified projects, all Systematic personnel must have security clearance. Learn more at
An open-minded working environment, where we have focus on our employees and their wellbeing. Systematic in Romania is a rapidly growing company, which means that we are developing and changing.
Above that, we offer you
- A challenging position, room for own initiative and personal growth
- Flexible benefit program (you can mix your benefits choosing from different kind of Services on a very dynamic platform) – Benefits Online
- Private medical insurance
- Project specific training
- Flexible working-hours