Supply Chain Business Partner
Business Partnering is a primary activity for DXC Supply Chain. Having a dedicated resource working with the business acts as a focal point for driving value creation for DXC. For example, this is achieved through P&L savings delivery, appropriate supplier selection, risk mitigation/assessment and effective supplier relationship management.
- Participates in the development of and executes action plans to meet global supply chain strategies: including sourcing strategies and global supplier network capabilities for key commodities and spend categories to achieve broad business objectives.
- Recommends and executes supply chain strategies to support new offerings, improve service and reduce costs.
- Leads work groups from across the enterprise to address complex interdisciplinary issues affecting significant business issues.
- Executes action plans for contracting, supplier management, business partnering and savings.
- Executes strategies to address feedback from Supply Chain and business stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
- Provides expert supply chain perspective and makes recommendations to Supply Chain and business colleagues.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with strategic business stakeholders to gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements and to support the business in achievement of its outcomes.
- Provides supply chain support to the business in pursuit of complex new business opportunities.
- Negotiates complex, corporate-wide agreements with suppliers encompassing key programme specifications, functional objectives and savings.
- Follows Corporate, Regional and Supply Chain policies and procedures:
- Identifies policy/procedure gaps and brings them to the attention of Supply Chain management;
- Makes recommendations and/or decisions regarding Supply Chain strategies and issues.
- Collects metrics to optimise sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies, and works collaboratively with global and regional team members to prioritize and drive implementation.
- Serves as global expert on industry best practices and technology trends to team members and fellow business partners.
Education And Experience Required
- First level university degree in a related field is preferred.
- Typically, over 10 years of professional experience in procurement or supply chain function or related experience, i.e. technology, business development, strategic alliances/partnering or professional services.
- Professional experience working with concepts, practices, and procedures in the areas of responsibility.
- Global and/or large enterprise experience is preferred.
Knowledge And Skills Required:
- Demonstrated strong vendor selection, sourcing and contracting, supplier management, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and relate technical solutions, analyze benefits of alternative solutions, and effectively communicate recommendations to both the company and customer management.
- Ability to publicly represent the company with internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to interface with internal executives and high-level customer representatives; also, to analyse, interpret and present business strategies, best practices, and technical product and service information solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Proven success working as part of a team.