System Engineer (Radar Core Architect) - ADAS TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems provide drivers active safety support by identifying potentially hazardous situations in advance, and helping to avoid them. We are developing innovative intelligent sensors based on the newest radar, camera and laser technologies in automotive electronics. Our intelligent sensors provide functions such as: Emergency Brake Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Jam Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Assist, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Keeping Support, Traffic Sign Recognition, Lane Departure Warning, Pedestrian Detection. Innovation is our daily business. Tasks: Tasks in the field of design:
* Definition of key antenna requirements (layout, FOV, gain over angle, operating frequency range, etc.)
* Definition of key RF requirements (interface signals to LF e.g. antenna matching, phase noise, noise figure, IF gain, output power, etc.);
* Define key requirements for LF (interface signals to RF, e.g., noise on supply functionality, e.g., STC, ADC sample rate, word width, etc.);
* Definition of key requirements for SW (radar cycle, HW control / monitoring functions, etc.);
* Definition of key algorithm requirements (signal processing steps, self-diagnosis functions, special functions such as auto-adjustment, auto calibration, side lobe suppression, etc.)
* Definition of the radar modulation method;
* Definition of Radar Data Interfaces;
* Simulation of the achievable data quality;
* Architecture of the radar data processing Tasks in verification and planning:
* Creation of verification plan for radar characteristics;
* Definition of radar performance indicators;
* Definition of flexibility by setting parameters. Tasks in the field of verification implementation:
* Sensor integration line all HW modules plus PSW;
* Assessment of radar performance. Tasks in the field of predevelopment:
* Design concept for new sensor;
* Theoretical evaluation of sensor concepts. Tasks in the field of documentation:
* Create draft Technical Product Specification;
* Preparation of sensor technical data sheet;
* Technical presentations;
* Contribute as a technical expert in system FMEA and functional safety analysis. You will have a mentor throughout the integration period that will help you integrate into the organization and guide you towards taking on your own responsibilities.
* Good knowledge of radar signal processing;
* Good knowledge of RF technology;
* Programming experience in MATLAB or similar tools;
* Structured problem-solving ability, analytical thinking;
* Very good math skills, assertiveness, visionary thinking;
* University degree in high-frequency engineering/ electrical engineering/ computer science/ signal processing;
* Experience in signal processing> 5 years;
* Experience system design> 2 years;
* Desirable radar technology experience, experience as a system architect, experience in automotive electronics development;
* Desirable Professional software design methods, FMEA methodology, functional safety, mass production for electronic products.
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.