Senior support engineer
CGI est une entreprise de services du numérique canadienne, 5ème acteur mondial indépendant de conseil et des services en technologies de l’information. CGI compte près de 72 500 collaborateurs dans le monde, répartis dans 41 pays. CGI accompagne la transformation digitale de plus de 5000 clients parmi les institutions et les entreprises majeures de nombreux secteurs d’activités.
En 2018, CGI fait son entrée sur le marché roumain et son ambition est d’identifier et de recruter les bons candidats, jeunes programmeurs et développeurs, experts techniques, consultants et managers de projets, prêts à s’investir dans le développement d’une nouvelle entité, adossée à un groupe international qui favorise un environnement innovant et stimulant.
AGISSONS POUR NOTRE MONDE NUMÉRIQUE!
The engineer must be curious, autonomous and highly motivated by new information technologies as the tasks
require performing in-depth technical tests with problem and root cause analysis.
- Fluent in English (read and written)
- Another language is a plus (French,Portuguese,Spanish)
- Strong analysis skills
- Attention to details
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other third party companies
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Work independently to understand issues and to implement workarounds through the proper observance of Support standards and conventions.
- Analyze, diagnose, and provide workarounds until a final fix can be supplied.
- Be available to work flexible hours.
- Be available to work extra hours on-call as per monthly planning but also in case of emergencies.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise on products, projects and support fundamentals to internal or external customers as required.
- Establish and maintain trust with the customer, providing technical assistance as required.
- Provide input as required on product and customer specific functionality, configuration and usage for training and documentation purposes.
- Share skills and experience with other groups within the organization, with the aim of establishing consistency and improving quality within the company.
- Proactively and promptly identify and assist to resolve any relevant key issues and/or risks.
- Understand, follow and improve upon all formally-communicated methodologies, processes, policies, and values. Focusing always on delivering consistent, reliable, repeatable, scalable and quality outcomes.
- Provide support and encouragement to other team members and participate in the up-skilling and training of colleagues and new staff.
- Analyse failure and ensure operational recovery within agreed SLA through standard procedure or ad-hoc workarounds
- Work on continuous improvement process by analysing recurrent incidents and designing long term solutions
- Propose improvements of the monitoring setup
- Test and install bug fixes and patches
- Able to travel as and when reasonably requested.
- All other duties as requested by Management.
Sound knowledge in the following areas:
- Batch programming, monitoring, basic administration tasks and knowledge of the tools for Unix (Linux Red Hat, Solaris) and Windows operating systems
- Shell, Python Programming
- Networks: TCP/IP, HTTP, Telnet, SS
- Telecom protocols (GSM…) a strong plus
- Web: Tomcat, Apache, JBOSS application server
- N-tier architectures, High availability, Clusters
- Databases: Oracle DB, MSSQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB databases administration and SQL/PLSQL
- Programming knowledge in C/C++, Java
- Security and key encryption mechanism
- Experience in Open Source projects and tools suites is appreciated
- Extra competences in the chip cards field is appreciated
- Extra competence with core mobile network systems is appreciated (SMSC, GGSNs, HLR, etc.)
• Other Support teams
• Operations Service Managers
• Delivery teams
• Third party vendors
• Business partners