Data Science Analyst – Analytics and Automation
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Data Science Analyst – Analytics and Automation active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development;
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Experience working with and creating data architectures;
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams;
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques;
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc;
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc;
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc;
- Nice to have experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc;
- Nice to have experience in visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions;
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies;
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques;
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets;
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes;
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality;
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes;
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.