Hardware Technician for I ID HMI - TSR
With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Interior division bundles all activities that are dealing with information management in and beyond vehicles, i.e. the presentation, exchange, and administration of information. Our vision "Always On" understands the networked vehicle of the future as a partner that supports the vehicle occupants with user-friendly, comfortable and intelligent solutions. These come from the fields of connectivity, human-machine interface, and systems integration.
The Sample Workshop intermediates between product development and the production plants world-wide. Competent experts develop, optimize and construct prototypes together with the operating departments. During the development time of prototypes they are responsible for quality, costs, mass production feasibility of the equipment and components to be ready for SOP (Start of Production). The development workshops guarantee an efficient SOP. As a Sample Workshop Hardware Technician you'll be involved in:
* Preparing, putting in function, debugging and repairing HW samples;
* Assembling, soldering components and building up samples;
* Supporting HW engineers in HW development process with prototyping;
* Preparing the kits of components for sample builds;
* Ordering components, materials and equipment for project needs by keeping the contact with the Purchasing department, tracking the orders and informing the team about the delivery status;
* Buying low cost materials, components and tools from the local suppliers;
* Keeping the inventory for equipment, components and materials;
* Receiving materials and goods, and issuing the shipments to other Continental Locations. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Experience in repairing electronic products or equipment;
* Basic experience in Analog and Digital Electronic;
* Experience and knowledge in soldering SMD components and electronic boards sample build or prototyping;
* Knowledge in using measurement equipment, especially digital multi meters;
* Knowledge in reading schematics and components placement documents;
* Aptitudes in developing and building different mechanical parts;
* Knowledge in using Microsoft Office Tools especially Microsoft Excel;
* Fluent English or German (advantage);
* Self organized, initiative, communication and team skills.
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara/Iasi Residents
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.