Java Chief Software Architect ( $100K/year) - Remote Work
As a Java Chief Software Architect ($100K/year), you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as faster, easier, code cleanup, feature, or auto unit test team. You may also be in the role of a product Chief Architect, responsible for a product’s quality and weekly release.
Our organization is constantly acquiring new companies and their products. As a result, our code cleanup team is responsible for increasing the quality of coding products we acquire by, capturing anti-patterns, solving them and ensuring our products follow SOLID principles. The auto unit test team generates unit tests using automation, while the easier team rebuilds the user interface of legacy products in our standard tech stacks and build new screens with a modern UI and enhanced usability.
Java Chief Software Architects will have daily and weekly targets to work against. We measure the quality of work through our First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that the Product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the engineers immediately without having to ask for a rework.
This leadership position demands proficiency hands-on professionals with a robust Cloud background and who are comfortable with aggressive weekly targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on development in Java architecture and programming
- 1+ years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests using Junit
- 1+ years experience using cloud technologies
- 2+ years experience with spring or equivalent enterprise framework
- 6+ months experience using Jira and Github
- Proven experience with performing code reviews and/or mentoring sessions (has dedicated a minimum of 25% of monthly time on this activity)
- Ability to self-study and learn new technologies
- Has worked with back-end technologies based and latest development frameworks.
- Has experience working with two or more of data related technologies and familiarity with others from various; Relational databases, NoSQL databases, Caching technology, Full-Text Search engines, Big Data systems.
- Has experience with one or more cloud or devops services like AWS, Docker, Heroku, Digitalocean, etc
- Has experience with one or more front-end technologies including templating, CSS and JS frameworks
- Experience in architectural framework design
- Good proficiency in the English language.
Nice to have:
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach.
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter.
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world - we do a lot of Skype and video conferencing.
Join our community of remote professionals!