Database Engineer - $2500/month - Remote Work
We're running an Online Hiring Event this coming Saturday to hire Database Engineers ($30K/yr)
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a Database engineer, you can expect to be a member of one of our central development and maintenance teams. We have weekly product release cycles, so we want you to support to both internal and external clients in resolving database incidents and service requests.
You will adhere to internal processes for incident, service request resolution and change management through proper execution and documentation. You will be responsible for developing expertise across our proprietary enterprise software products.
You will have aggressive targets to work against, and you can expect to receive frequent feedback about your performance, so you can continuously improve your productivity and the quality of your code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on database developer/administrator
- Exposure to at least of the databases - Oracle / MSSQL / MySQL
- Background on Sybase and Nettezze is a plus
- Good knowledge of database backup and recovery, export/import, tools and techniques
- Good knowledge of monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world - We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in the English language
System Pre-requisitesThese are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
Any one of the below database engines, based upon your skillset and the project you are going to choose:
-SQL Server 2012+
When you apply to a role in Crossover, you go through a series of online tests, usually during the online hiring event.
If you pass those tests, you will be offered an opportunity to join our paid training program that lasts 4 full-time weeks.
It is a unique opportunity to learn about the Crossover culture, tools, processes and expectations. It is an intensive training program for only the best graduates. If you graduate from Bootcamp, you will be offered a choice of several positions with the Crossover teams.
Join our community of remote professionals!