Visual Studio Support with French
Microsoft envisions a mobile-first, cloud-empowered world. A world of endless possibilities. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate in order to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are a glimpse ahead, reinventing the way we work, play, learn and do business. Bring your vision to ours!
YOU are an analytical person, passionate about technology. You enjoy taking things apart and building them back together, because understanding and solving technically complex coding issues is what drives you. You are looking for highly experienced colleagues to help you deepen your technical knowledge. At the same time, you thrive in an international environment by communicating well in English with knowledgeable developers within large corporate customers and by maintaining long-lasting business relationships with them.
The position is to support customers using the Visual Studio and applications developed by customers using Visual Studio. This involves using application development knowledge to debug the issue if it’s with Visual Studio or the customer’s application itself as well as excellent communication skills to work with customers.
An ideal candidate would have a strong customer service focus, excel at problem solving, experience in Win32 programming using Visual C++ (CRT, MFC, ATL, linker, compiler), a thorough understanding of COM and the Win32 APIs and excellent communication skills in French and English.
The responsibilities for this role are:
- Work with a broad range of customers from smallest development shops and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) up to Large Enterprise Customers
- Guide, lead and help developer customers to resolve most challenging or business critical problems related to custom development
- Analyze difficult programming problems and create solution suggestions specific to their needs (excluding project-accompanying support)
- Establish collaboration to drive and solve complex problems that incorporate multiple different technologies handled across other groups
- Effectively deal with ambiguity
- Identify and report both software bugs and customer suggestions
- Act as customer advocate along discussions with internal development organizations, to improve our products and/or alleviate customers’ pain
Depending on your level of seniority, your qualifications include most or all of the below:
Technical Skills - General
- Solid understanding of Application Development
- Solid understanding of Windows Operating System
- Solid understanding and usage of Visual Studio tool
- Solid understanding of OOP and OOD
- Solid understanding of C/C++, C#, or
- Understanding of Microsoft .Net Framework and how to develop for the Framework
- Basic application debugging skills using a debugger or tracing
- Ability to write/speak in French and English on a technical level so targeted audience understands
- Ability to read and ask probing questions to help resolve issue
- Excellent reading and listening skills to understand different perspective
- Knowledge using C/C++ compiler/linke
- Depth knowledge using VC++ CRT/MFC/ATL
- Knowledge using Visual Studio debugger or windbg to debug issues in application
- Depth knowledge of .Net Framework (CLR, GC, Class Libraries
- Knowledge of Windows memory/heap manager
Education / Experience
Our ideal candidate has a BS or MS Degree in computer science, or equivalent working experience. Three or more years of experience in software development or developer support using C, C#, Scrip
Skills required include excellent communication skills, proficiency with the C/C++ language, compiler, linker, CRT, MFC, Visual Studio, debugging skills and a passion for solving tough customer problems.
WE are a diverse team delivering industry-leading services across the globe. We strive to be our customers’ and partners’ trusted advisors, by helping them through our expertise to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. We are constantly exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices and are proud to shape future technologies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We take care of each engineer in our team through diverse benefits, including:
- Substantial recognition and rewards proportional to performance
- Attending technical training and conferences, participating in internships abroad and earning certifications
- Access to an enormous array of learning resources
- Flexibility to work from home
- Top-tier medical insurance
Contract: Outsourced Employment
Please note that your resume will be entered in our database and may be used in further recruitment events. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.