Oracle Database Administrator
Vauban is a great independent Romanian Group with more than 11 years of sustainable and healthy growth. We do focus on innovation, learning, entrepreneurship and capacity to find new solutions. The company figures are +450 consultants, +100 clients, having locations in Romania and France.
Our teams daily deliver Technology Services as consultancy (missions at clients’ premises), and also from our delivery center (integration & application development in digital and BI, Software as a Service management, Production, security and infrastructure).
Vauban is also the Romanian partner with Top premium software editors, leader in data governance and security, being responsible to integrate the solutions and to ensure local support.
• Experience in supporting Databases 2 years;
• Knowledge of database administration in a production environment;
• Knowledge of Oracle database administration;
• Knowledge of SQL tuning;
• Knowledge of programming in PL/SQL and shell UNIX/Linux;
• Knowledge of Oracle RAC technology, Data Guard, Grid/Cloud Control, RMAN, Datapump and so on;
• Knowledge of ITIL;
• Understanding IT Service Management concepts (ex. ISO20000 standard);
• Knowledge of the principles SOX;
• Knowledge of general security principles.
• Provides Level2 and Level1 support for Databases and related incidents and problems;
• Develops scripts/programs for extending functionality of IT solutions or for automating recurring activities;
• Makes technical investigations for performance incidents and examines issues arising in order to determine the causes and provide / propose solutions to solve the identified problems;
• Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that contain databases;
• Optimize the existing solutions by redefining database architecture or by making software upgrades to increase efficiency and to meet the new requirements of the business;
• Ensures operation performance parameters as imposed, integrity and security of databases for IT and telecom applications;
• Provides support for implementing projects at high quality and efficiency standards;
• Perform proactive maintenance activities based on information from tools and automated alerts and notifications;
• Any other business/technical requests received from his direct superior.