Financial Analyst – Reporting & Controlling
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Smithfield Romania active
View all jobs Financial Analyst – Reporting & Controlling active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
When you express an interest in a job opening, you are sending your personal information to a mailbox which is accessible by recruiters from Smithfield Prod and Smithfield Romania organizations..
The personal information you submit will be used only for recruiting purposes, will remain confidential, and will be stored for 1 year. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to the use of your personal data for recruiting purposes within the Smithfield organizations. If you have any questions or concerns, or to access, correct or delete your personal data, email .
Smithfield Romania is looking to hire a highly motivated and willing-to-grow individual to join our expanding Financial Reporting & Controlling team in Timisoara. We are pursuing to recruit a candidate with preferred 2-4 years’ relevant experience, however, bright minds at the dawn of their careers will also be seriously considered for this position.
Position Summary - main task and responsibilities:
- Prepares the monthly compilation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and Smithfield Group’s reporting requirements;
- Prepares periodic reports (mainly monthly) related to: Profit and Loss account by type of expenses, analysis of individual Balance Sheet accounts;
- Prepares monthly presentations based on the monthly/yearly financial statements as support for the management group;
- Prepares monthly accounts reconciliations and analytical reviews to ensure overall data integrity and explain significant variances vs. prior month/year/budget;
- Participates at the preparation of various financial reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) required by Smithfield Group;
- Participates at the yearly budget files compilation, for the Smithfield Romania Group;
- Participates in monitoring internal control procedures based on Group Policies and SOX requirements;
- Provides support in preparing the documents required by the internal and external auditors and assures an adequate and efficient communication with them;
- Various ad-hoc, fun and exciting projects.
- Preferred 2-4 years’ experience as a financial analyst in a multinational company or in financial audit. Exposure to international accounting like US GAAP, SOX and IFRS is appreciated. If you don’t think you fit this requirement, but if you consider that your ambition, analytical thinking, attention to details and passion for numbers are compensating for lack of such experience, you should probably apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred Accountancy, Finance or Economics). International accounting certification held or in progress to be obtained is an advantage (: ACCA);
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on strong Excel skills;
- Experience in international reporting and internal control testing is an advantage (US GAAP, SOX, IFRS);
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work both in a team and individually;
- Dynamic, organized, ambitious, attentive to details and goal oriented person.
What we offer
- Extremely diverse and interesting work environment in an internationally recognized company.
- Opportunity of personal and career development; These are not just fancy words. We do need motivated and willing-to-grow individuals on the team;
- Support in obtaining/finalizing relevant qualification: ACCA. Yes, we will pay for it if you put in the effort and you are good enough take your Fs and Ps.
- Remuneration adequate to skills, work experience and performance.
- Private health care and other benefits.
About Smithfield Romania
Smithfield Romania is an integrated hog production and meat production company, part of Smithfield Foods. Our mission is to contribute to the sustainable development of meat industry in Romania, by fully complying with the best practices of the European Union. The core elements in the sustainable development of our operations are animal care, environmental protection, food safety and quality, development of local communities where we operate, and last, but not least, care for the employees.