System Engineer (Virtualization, Cloud)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ALTEN Romania active
View all jobs System Engineer (Virtualization, Cloud) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Requirements
- Understanding of virtualisation, Cloud & converged infrastructure technologies
- Good knowledge of products from HPE (C7000, HPOVO), and/or VCE (vBlock)
- Very good knowledge of Vmware (vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Operations & Automation, NSX, vCloud director, vShield)
- Strong scripting expertise (Power CLI, Powershell, Python)
- Knowledge of ITIL, SOX and security regulations
- Desired vendor certifications
- VMWare (certificates for vSphere, NSX, vRealize , vCenter, vCloud Director )
- HPE (certificates for data centre, SDN and cloud solutions)
- VCE (VCE-CIA, VCE-CIAE or VCE-CIMAE)
- Desired: minimum 2 years’ experience with cloud and NFV technologies from HPE, VMware and/or Cisco in enterprise IT
- To integrate, provide and 24*7 operate cloud and virtualization technology solutions for European Vodafone applications and customers. To design, plan and implement a growing set of cloud platforms used to provide mission critical infrastructure services to Vodafone customers. To constantly analyze, optimize, migrate and transform the global Vodafone legacy IT infrastructure environment into cloud ready & cloud native solutions.
- Knowledge of the network infrastructure, network equipment and cloud and NFV technologies is essential to properly manage the GDC networks and cloud solutions. Troubleshooting and network analysis capabilities are required for this role. Capability to proactively analyze the infrastructure in order to prevent problems that could reduce the network performance. Essential for the role are also soft skills as team player, basic understanding of project management and agile methodology, responsible attitude to actively drive activities to completion.
- Support the establishment of DevOps culture and methodologies within the organization
- 24/7 operations of cloud infrastructure services, assuring maximum stability and efficiency including on-call duty of all network related components like router, switches, load balancer, firewalls, cloud and NFV solutions, etc.;
- Coordinate changes initiated by Data Centre activities, acting as SPoC for assigned projects
- Actively influences operational efficiency and operability of the deployed connectivity solutions
- Seeks clarification of risks before taking action to guarantee business continuity