System Engineer (Virtualization, Cloud)
ALTEN Romania, a subsidiary of ALTEN Group – with a unique position as a European Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, was established in 2006 in Bucharest, with the aim to provide technical consulting for the customers of this specific market. Since its inception, the company grew and now has offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca.
Through its team of over 300 specialists in software development, business analysis, business intelligence, PMO, Project Management, testing, technical support, automotive and aerospace engineering, ALTEN Romania is providing specialized services, both on the local and international markets in business sectors such as: aerospace, automotive, finances, pharmaceutics and telecom.
ALTEN Romania has a technical team of consultants and experts in engineering specialized in CATIA V5, NewPDM, SolidWorks, Matlab/Simulink, HIL, Autosar and others, while the IT Division has precise specializations like: Java, .NET, PHP, C#, C++, SIEBEL, Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, MS BI and Oracle BI, BSCS and more.
- Understanding of virtualisation, Cloud & converged infrastructure technologies
- Good knowledge of products from HPE (C7000, HPOVO), and/or VCE (vBlock)
- Very good knowledge of Vmware (vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Operations & Automation, NSX, vCloud director, vShield)
- Strong scripting expertise (Power CLI, Powershell, Python)
- Knowledge of ITIL, SOX and security regulations
- Desired vendor certifications
- VMWare (certificates for vSphere, NSX, vRealize , vCenter, vCloud Director )
- HPE (certificates for data centre, SDN and cloud solutions)
- VCE (VCE-CIA, VCE-CIAE or VCE-CIMAE)
- Desired: minimum 2 years’ experience with cloud and NFV technologies from HPE, VMware and/or Cisco in enterprise IT
- To integrate, provide and 24*7 operate cloud and virtualization technology solutions for European Vodafone applications and customers. To design, plan and implement a growing set of cloud platforms used to provide mission critical infrastructure services to Vodafone customers. To constantly analyze, optimize, migrate and transform the global Vodafone legacy IT infrastructure environment into cloud ready & cloud native solutions.
- Knowledge of the network infrastructure, network equipment and cloud and NFV technologies is essential to properly manage the GDC networks and cloud solutions. Troubleshooting and network analysis capabilities are required for this role. Capability to proactively analyze the infrastructure in order to prevent problems that could reduce the network performance. Essential for the role are also soft skills as team player, basic understanding of project management and agile methodology, responsible attitude to actively drive activities to completion.
- Support the establishment of DevOps culture and methodologies within the organization
- 24/7 operations of cloud infrastructure services, assuring maximum stability and efficiency including on-call duty of all network related components like router, switches, load balancer, firewalls, cloud and NFV solutions, etc.;
- Coordinate changes initiated by Data Centre activities, acting as SPoC for assigned projects
- Actively influences operational efficiency and operability of the deployed connectivity solutions
- Seeks clarification of risks before taking action to guarantee business continuity