Java Software Engineer – Platform Architecture Team
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
UnaVista is the London Stock Exchange's matching, reconciliation and data integration service, our customers being tier 1 investment banks, hedge funds, brokers and other financial institutions.
Due to continued organic growth, we are looking for a new member for the Platform Development team to maintain and enhance the UnaVista platform, in accordance with the requirements specified by the Product Management, Product Solutions and Professional Services teams. Our culture is dynamic, and requires each individual to adapt rapidly to change, contribute fully and think on their feet.
Key behaviors and skills:
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in a complex software development environment;
• Deep technical knowledge of Java (including multi-threading, Spring, Hibernate, REST). Java 8 knowledge is a plus;
• SQL knowledge and hands-on experience (preferably on MS SQL Server);
• Experience with AJAX, DHTML, Jetty, Apache (all on Windows platforms);
• Experience with real time messaging systems (e.g. ActiveMQ) is a plus;
• Very good knowledge of various design and architectural patterns;
• Experience with GIT, TeamCity/Jenkins and continuous integration is desirable;
• Familiarity with tools relevant to the above – e.g. hands on use of systems for requirements gathering and bug tracking, documentation tools, CRM systems;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Engineering/science degree.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• To carry out software development tasks in accordance with the application lifecycle management process, as part of the Platform Architecture team;
• To design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code;
• To ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application;
• To support the QA team, customer support, solutions & professional services teams as required;
• To assist in projects connected to the Exchange data center where UnaVista is hosted;
• To ensure that all work is in accordance with the defined application development lifecycle process.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks.