Data Scientist - $8300/month - Remote Work
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Crossover Romania active
View all jobs Data Scientist - $8300/month - Remote Work active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We're running an Online Hiring Event on September 22nd, 2018, to hire Data Scientists ($100K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
We are seeking a data scientist with interest in large data sets (primarily English language text), and a willingness to experiment with custom algorithms and ideas. When ideas demonstrate value, the data scientist leads the implementation of projects to bring this value to life.
We specialize in technologies for world-class document classification and the discovery of structures in unstructured text. We focus on a comprehensive and rapidly growing set of business domains.
- Utilize your analytical, statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and interpret large data sets
- Use the information to develop data-driven solutions
- Advanced degree in one of the following; Computer Science, Mathematics, AI, Deep Learning, Data Science or other programming/data focused field
- At least 8 years of experience with complex, self-directed data analysis
- Needs to be hands-on with experiments and execution
Experience and interest in many of the following areas are desired:
• Applied statistics and probability
• Machine learning algorithms and processes
• Feature engineering and refinement
• Investigation of public data sources
• Systems for large-scale, automated data collection and analysis
• Application usage analysis
• Predictive analytics
• Tools for structured data storage and retrieval
• Data storage and analysis tools: e.g. SQL, Solr, Spark
- Experience with Natural Language Processing methods is desired
- Meaningful experience in analyzing English language text-based data sets
- Experience executing document clustering in both supervised and unsupervised scenarios
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in the English language
Join our community of remote professionals!