Database Engineer - $2500/month - Remote Work
We're running an Online Hiring Event on September 22nd, 2018 to hire Database Engineers ($30K/yr)
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
A Database Engineer will be part of the team working to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs.
You will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade services and could cause outages that impact availability.
Our ideal candidates are highly motivated, goal-oriented, and team-focused with a passion for supporting customer-facing services, processes, systems and infrastructure. We want people who are adaptable and can learn new things, and can use new ideas and concepts to solve business problems
This position is 100% remote.
The Database Engineer is responsible for providing seasoned and experienced support to both internal and external clients for resolving database incidents and service requests.
You will adhere to internal processes for incident and service request resolution, and change management through proper execution and documentation.
You are responsible for developing expertise across our proprietary enterprise software products.
You will be leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to manage a real enterprise class product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Exposure to multiple databases - Oracle / MSSQL / MySQL / Sybase and Nettezze is a plus
- Good knowledge of monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in English language
Join our community of remote professionals!