Java Software Architect - $5000/month - Remote Work
We're running an Online Hiring Event on September 22nd, 2018, to hire Java Software Architects ($60K/yr),
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a Java software architect, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as code cleanup and maintenance team. We have weekly product release cycles, so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and our the quality of our products are continuously improved.
Our maintenance team is responsible for bug fixing across our 100+ products portfolio. Our organization is continually acquiring new companies and their products. As a result, our code cleanup team is responsible for increasing the code quality of products we acquire by capturing anti-patterns, implementing microservices and ensuring our products follow SOLID principles.
Java Architects within this team are expected to have high standards of code quality and will have daily and weekly targets. We measure the quality of work through our First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that our Product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the software architects immediately and without having to ask for a rework.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against, and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in Java development
- At least 2 years experience writing unit tests
- Experienced using Jira and Git
Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
• CI/CD tools
• General database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
• SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
• Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Any IDE
- Java 8
- MySQL 5.6+
To be considered for this position you are required to take part in a mandatory training series and tests included in our 4-week Bootcamp program.
After grading your tests, you will be eligible to take the Bootcamp which is usually held within a week of obtaining your test results. You will be paid the full-time rate for 40 hours per week for four weeks.
Once the Bootcamp tests are complete, we will be able to evaluate you for the position correctly. Bootcamp is a very tough training program, and only an average of 50% of attendees can finish it. Taking the Bootcamp doesn’t guarantee that you will be hired, but it is a requirement as part of the hiring process.
Join our community of remote professionals!