Java Software Engineer - $2500/month - Remote Work
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Crossover Romania active
View all jobs Java Software Engineer - $2500/month - Remote Work active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We're running an Online Hiring Event on September 22nd, 2018 to hire Java Software Engineers ($30k/yr)
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a Java software engineer, you can expect to be a member of one of our central development and maintenance teams.
We have weekly product release cycles, so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that the quality of our products is continuously improved.
Our team is responsible for enhancements and bug fixing across our 100+ products portfolio. Java engineers within our team are expected to have high standards of code quality and will have daily and weekly targets.
You will have aggressive targets to work against, and you can expect to receive frequent feedback about your performance, so you can continuously improve your productivity and the quality of your code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer in Java
- Experience writing unit tests
- 2+ years of experience writing unit tests
Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
• CI/CD tools
• General database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
• SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
• Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Any IDE
- Java 8
- MySQL 5.6+
To be considered for this position you are required to take part in a mandatory training series and tests included in our 4-week Bootcamp program.
After grading your tests, you will be eligible to take the Bootcamp which is usually held within a week of obtaining your test results. You will be paid the full-time rate for 40 hours per week for four weeks.
Once the Bootcamp tests are complete, we will be able to evaluate you for the position correctly. Bootcamp is a very tough training program, and only an average of 50% of attendees can finish it. Taking the Bootcamp doesn’t guarantee that you will be hired, but it is a requirement as part of the hiring process.
Join our community of remote professionals!