Senior Accountant | Internal Finance
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Deloitte Romania active
View all jobs Senior Accountant | Internal Finance active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
• Relevant university degree (accounting);
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in accounting, with at least 2 years’ exposure in tax compliance and financial statements preparations;
• CECCAR, CCF, ACCA or equivalent qualification /in progress is considered a plus;
• SAP FI knowledge or previous experience with a similar ERP (Axapta / Oracle/ JDE) is mandatory;
• Previous experience in consultancy accounting outsourcing is considered a plus;
• International business exposure, working in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
• Advanced English (both written and spoken)
• Solid controls consciousness and analytical skills;
• Team player, with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
Monthly accounting reporting
• Maintain relation with Deloitte Shared Service Center in charge with bookkeeping of the accounts payables, travel expense and treasury areas;
• Review and reconcile the trial balance respecting monthly deadlines in place for management reporting;
• Reconcile and post expense accruals in line with internal procedures;
• Review of clearing account for fixed assets acquisition, create and post new fixed assets, run the depreciation and checks the fixed assets register vs trial balance;
• Account payables and receivables monthly review, check and follow up balances, follow up on suspense account 473, clearing of the advance accounts;
• Review the deferred accounts, some GL accounts (expenses, small assets etc.) and ask corrections when if the case from the SSC bookkeeping team;
• Prepare and post statutory provisions, bad debts adjustments and other GL notes as salary note, accruals for untaken holiday, tax charges, withholding tax adjustments etc.;
• Prepare calculations for IC invoices and review IC clearing according with internal procedures;
• Treasury balances review (bank accounts, petty cash)
• Reevaluation transaction control and post for all accounts in foreign currencies;
Year-end accounting activities
• Perform different reconciliations or some reports for management month closing or audit;
• Participate in the audit process and provide reports, analyses as per request;
• Prepare financial statements based on local GAAP and IFRS based on company calendar;
• Payroll notes review vs. tax statements (payroll and payroll tax statements performed in a different department) ;
• VAT ledgers review and VAT tar returns preparation;
• Corporate income tax calculation and tax statements preparation;
• Withholding tax and other corporate tax compliance
• Relation with fiscal authorities to solve/clarify pending issues or for specific projects;
• Obtain all fiscal certificates residency certificates;
• Reconciliation of tax evidences;
• Other tasks allocated by Chief Accountant
• Administrative tasks related to urgent payment request
• Operational procedures update and improvement proposals
• Statistical and national bank reporting based on authority request
To support our growth in Romania, we are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Internal Finance Department. Senior Accountant will be accountable for accurate and timely statutory accounting reporting and tax compliance for two legal entities.