English and Japanese speaking Language Specialist
Never heard of MindGeek?
MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
- Advanced level of written Japanese, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized social media content for the Japanese market is a plus;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, various text editors, etc);
- Experience in the localization field is a plus;
- Experience in gaming is also a plus;
- Flexibility, accuracy, efficiency, prioritization skills, strong analytical skills and ability to multitask;
- Proactive and initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Translate, create, localize and review content for the Japanese market;
- Maintain the quality of the Japanese version of the titles, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Provide custom language services, as requested by other departments, such as providing localized marketing content, language-based research and support for Japanese customers;
- Help support management for freelancer resources, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Drive the development of style guides and translation memories.
- Perform language QA for our technical documentations and other content from English to Japanese or Japanese to English.
- Support the localization team in various tasks, ranging from proofreading English content to language review for creative texts.
A leader in the gaming freemium industry, Super Hippo has managed to establish itself on the market as a much sought-after publisher, with over 40 titles made available across multiple channels of distribution. For the past two years, our passionate team has been working towards publishing exceptional mobile, browser and downloadable content. Equipped with industry expertise and effective tools, our aim is to support and expand the internal resources and capabilities of our partners. Our extensive knowledge of mainstream gaming platforms allows us to provide high-quality support and resources, while our involvement in the adult gaming industry gives us the competitive advantage developers are looking for.
The adult gaming industry has proven to be a viable option for games created specifically with mature content, as well as already popular games that have adultification potential, effectively giving them a second chance at life.