HR & Finance Administrator
Being an human resources/finance administrator is a fun and varied job.
In an emergency, you may be required to arrange to triple the workforce in a project in a matter of weeks, while in a regular project you may work on building training programmes for the national staff.
Our HR/finance administrators come from a wide range of backgrounds, from management and social sciences to finance and HR professionals.
They are usually based in the projects, and their tasks over the month may include some or all of the following:
- Arranging payroll for all national staff
- Managing payment and administration of daily workers
- Working with the domestic staff to ensure that the accommodation bases are in good order
- Planning the HR for the project and arranging recruitment or terminations as necessary as the project evolves
- Working with the department heads to ensure that national staff are managed well, from ensuring they have access to the training they need through to delivering disciplinaries where required
- Managing the project budget
Skills and expertise in the following areas are required:
- Basic bookkeeping
- HR management
- Proven ability as a manager or team leader
- Office and supply management experience are also desirable
- Previous overseas volunteer experience within a humanitarian setting is an asset
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Previous experience in training and supervising others