From human resources and finance through to management of communications equipment, vehicle maintenance and sometimes even water and sanitation, our all-round logisticians are often found on smaller MSF projects in which a limited team is required.
All-round logisticians, by nature of the position, come from a variety of backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common - flexibility.
In a high security context where only a team of four can be sent, an all-round logistician will usually be part of the team. In a small project which is winding down and being handed over to a local authority, it is an all-round logistician who will manage all non-medical aspects of the work.
It’s an exciting role and you would be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Managing a team of labourers, supply assistants, technical logistics assistants, administration assistants, book keepers, waste zone operators and various others
- Planning supply needs
- Setting up airplane runways, bunkers and managing expat accommodation
- Ordering food and supplies for both the expat compound and the health facilities
- Managing security on exploration missions
- Siting and constructing hospital buildings
- Managing hospital waste
- HR, Finance and performance management for national staff
- Supervising hygiene promotion
- Assisting the PC with budget management
- As well as any other non-medical tasks needing to be done
- Significant experience in at least some of the following: logistics, HR, construction, sanitation and finance
- Experience in preventative maintenance of equipment including vehicles, generators and other equipment used in our energy set-ups, biomedical equipment, and communication equipment (e.g. HF, VHF, Sat-phones, V-SAT, Mobile phones)
- Experience in supervising and training staff involved in technical installation and minor repair works of generators, cabling, chargers/inverters as well as vehicle management
- Experience in management of contracts and daily labourers
- Skills in management of IT equipment including provision of internet services
- Experience in building design including planning of financial and human resources
- Awareness of water and sanitation issues
- A good command of English and French is mandatory