This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Medici fara frontiere / Medecins Sans Frontieres active
View all jobs Allround Logistician active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Transport active on Hipo.ro
From human resources and finance through to management of communications equipment, vehicle maintenance and sometimes even water and sanitation, our all-round logisticians are often found on smaller MSF projects in which a limited team is required.
All-round logisticians, by nature of the position, come from a variety of backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common - flexibility.
In a high security context where only a team of four can be sent, an all-round logistician will usually be part of the team. In a small project which is winding down and being handed over to a local authority, it is an all-round logistician who will manage all non-medical aspects of the work.
It’s an exciting role and you would be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Managing a team of labourers, supply assistants, technical logistics assistants, administration assistants, book keepers, waste zone operators and various others
- Planning supply needs
- Setting up airplane runways, bunkers and managing expat accommodation
- Ordering food and supplies for both the expat compound and the health facilities
- Managing security on exploration missions
- Siting and constructing hospital buildings
- Managing hospital waste
- HR, Finance and performance management for national staff
- Supervising hygiene promotion
- Assisting the PC with budget management
- As well as any other non-medical tasks needing to be done
- Significant experience in at least some of the following: logistics, HR, construction, sanitation and finance
- Experience in preventative maintenance of equipment including vehicles, generators and other equipment used in our energy set-ups, biomedical equipment, and communication equipment (e.g. HF, VHF, Sat-phones, V-SAT, Mobile phones)
- Experience in supervising and training staff involved in technical installation and minor repair works of generators, cabling, chargers/inverters as well as vehicle management
- Experience in management of contracts and daily labourers
- Skills in management of IT equipment including provision of internet services
- Experience in building design including planning of financial and human resources
- Awareness of water and sanitation issues
- A good command of English and French is mandatory