C++ Architect (New ramp-up in Bucharest)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Lead the development of high performance software supporting modern network application performance management technologies in a fast paced and agile environment where you’ll be making meaningful contributions day one. The primary software platform runs on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012, and newer.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
* 7+ years of relevant work experience
* Strong skills in C and C++, including algorithm design, data structures, and design patterns
* Strong understanding of data modeling and management techniques for "big data"
* Packet-level TCP/IP protocol knowledge
* Distributed software design
* A proven ability to initiate and drive forward software development in an Agile development environment
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Critical thinking and the ability to structure elegant solutions to difficult problems
* A passion for creating, reusing, and maintaining well-structured and architected solutions
* The ability to deliver high-performance, customer-focused features
* Experience in debugging and testing new software constructs as well as an ability to predict and prevent negative side-effects when modifying existing or legacy code.
* Packet-level VoIP protocol knowledge
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is a strong plus
* Experience with data modeling and management techniques for "big data"
* Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
* Experience with RESTful API creation and consumption
* Working knowledge of multiple data formats, including XML and JSON
* Network architectures and what impacts their performance
* Experience with layer 7 protocols and their inner workings
* Work with your team to become best in class in quality, innovation, and time to market while creating the next generation of Viavi's Network Performance Management and Diagnostics (NPMD) platform
* Responsible for ensuring product features are functionally correct, fully validated, and demonstrably meet specifications
* Apply sound engineering principles for highly maintainable and testable software
* Develop with an eye towards high performance and data throughput
* Solve complex problems and implement designs using C/C++
* Actively contribute ideas for product improvements and solutions
* Show a passion for continued learning. Stay abreast of new technology and trends
* Work closely with Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) to facilitate functional software validation