QA and Support Engineer for digital security
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs QA and Support Engineer for digital security active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
• Experience using different types of testing (Functional, Regression, Smoke, Sanity);
• Experience in functional and non-functional testing;
• Experience with bug tracking and reporting systems;
• Microsoft Windows OS relevant experience (installation, configuration);
• Basic networking knowledge;
• Basic/intermediate knowledge of SQL and Database servers (Oracle is an advantage);
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions;
• Problem solving and analytical skills, capable to openly present her/his own ideas;
• Independent and highly self-motivated with a strong customer focus;
• Up to date with latest technologies being used in testing to apply them on the job and able to communicate about upcoming releases and best practices to internal groups;
• Fluent in English, in verbal and written communication;
• Availability for frequent travel abroad mostly within the EMEA region (up to 30%).
Nice to have capabilities:
• Linux system administration experience is an advantage;
• UNIX and Windows scripting experience - .bat, shell (.sh);
• Java, Selenium
• Network infrastructure administration (firewalls, routers, switches);
• Knowledge on fingerprint, facial or iris biometrics.
• Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience;
• 4 years of Tester/Quality Assurance related experience with manual testing and automation testing, good knowledge of validation methodologies, processes and tools.
• You will perform the entire validation process of biometric products and integrate them in the customer environment;
• You will create/execute the test plan and present the test results;
• You will create and review functional specification documents and user manuals;
• You will provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality;
• You will deploy and integrate validated components with external systems;
• You will enhance and configure biometric enrollment and identification products;
• You will maintain and support existing biometric enrollment and identification products and troubleshoot current production system issues.
As a QA and Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the validation, integration and support of software systems in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification for a worldwide customer base which includes law enforcement, government and commercial customers.