London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Storage Engineer to join our fast paced and dynamic team within the London Stock Exchange Group Technology Hub in Bucharest.
Being part of a leading UK investment and financial services company, you will be responsible for managing the LSEG data storage infrastructure, ensuring enterprise storage, backup and archive services for LSEG.
Role Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Own all assigned projects, incidents, problems and requests relating to storage, backup, archive and manage them through to restoration or resolution in accordance with the service level agreements
• Provide regular updates on incident progress and ensure satisfaction with the service before closing the incident or service request
• Ensuring that time recording for BAU and project activities are accurately recorded
•Assess work requests from clients and infrastructure teams to provide time and cost estimates and schedule options and also collaborate with other teams to produce quotes and project estimates
• Evaluate and procure new storage systems and work closely with colleagues in architectural team to assess operational suitability of storage platforms
•Ensure that the currency of the storage estate is maintained, highlighting operational requirements to refresh or replace technology to management in a pro-active and timely manner
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience or an appetite for the following:
• Knowledge of Hitachi enterprise storage systems
• Knowledge of EMC enterprise storage systems
• Knowledge of Brocade enterprise storage area networking systems
•Knowledge of EMC or HDS archive systems
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
•Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
•25 days’ holiday a year
•Private medical insurance
•Group life insurance policy