PROCESS DESIGN & IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Timken Romania active
View all jobs PROCESS DESIGN & IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Production active on Hipo.ro
The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, gear drives, belts, chain, couplings, lubrication systems and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more than 15,000 employees operating from 33 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.Requirements
• University degree in mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering;
• Relevant work experience (min 3 years) in manufacturing processes and technology or product design;
• Good experience in developing grinding / CNC programs, hard turning (preferable) and good skills for UG, Master-CAM, etc;
• Knowledge and experience in working with process variability tools (PFMEA, Process Flow Diagram, Process Control Plan, etc);
• Strong computer literacy (spreadsheet skills with the ability to perform complex calculations and 3D modeling).;
• Exposure and understanding of lean manufacturing concepts such (flow, kanban creation, error proofing, kaizen events, etc);
• Very good level of English skills both reading and writing;
• Strong problem solving skills;
• Innovative, results driven and team player.
• Drive and facilitate improvements in the manufacturing process regarding costs, quality and efficiency;
• Support the developing of the new processes, including grinding / hard turning required for business competitiveness;
• Assist manufacturing operators with daily process & product problem solving, in order to identify and correct the root cause of such problems;
• Assure processes are documented to provide standard and consistent application of work methods and procedures (standard work).