DevOps Engineer - AWS Cloud - Senior
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms.
• Ability to demonstrate and deliver excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills to drive rapid problem resolution individually and within the server team
• Ability to manage to deadlines, communicate in a team, and operate independently with guidance
• Understands how to estimate, the Software Product Development Lifecycle with Agile methodology
• Hands on experience in building and handling VM’s, Containers utilizing tools like Azure Portal and DevTest labs, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible Tower
• Hands on experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process
• Experience scripting Amazon Web Services and Azure is preferred (python/bash)
• Knowledge of HTML, HTTP, Content Delivery Networks and other related internet technologies
• Understands firewall access rules - iptables, AWS security groups and Mod Security
• Understands declarative configuration management (Ansible / Chef / Puppet)
• Understands key network protocols (DNS, HTTP, SMTP) and related server configuration
• Familiar with common Linux config files and command line tools
• Understands basics of IP networking, IP routing
• Adept with Linux command line
• Adept with ssh (key management, port forwarding, debugging)
• BS in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
Nice to have:
• Any IT certification is a plus (Amazon AWS, CCNA, ITIL, Azure etc.)
• Flexible, organized, good work ethic - requires little supervision
• Able to stay current and adapt to new/latest technologies
• Willing to learn new things and apply that knowledge to achieve goals
• Pro-active, able to meet schedules and deadlines
• Communicates effectively with team members and senior technology engineers
• Receptive to feedback, helps & offers solutions
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• • Proficient understanding of AWS and Azure Cloud technologies
• Writing infrastructure as code (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Docker, CloudFormation)
• Understanding of Virtualization platforms, VMware and KVM
• Develops and maintains complex technical documentation and processes
• Supports existing systems and automates root cause analysis
• Follows development standards and effectively demonstrates technical solutions to other engineers in code reviews.
• Acts as a technical consultant to engineering and support teams
• Provide technical guidance to our technical partners on AWS / Azure technologies
• Work with the lead to develop standards and procedures that support current and future operational needs with a focus on continuous improvement and automation
• Review technical requirements and solutions to ensure that all security requirements are addressed and are in line with corporate standards
DevOps Engineer is expected to apply his base of technical, operational, process or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement, lead portions of projects or processes, and bring new knowledge into the organization. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing the software development build, deployment, testing and release pipelines/processes to achieve scalable Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) objectives with minimal guidance. The position requires to work closely with our Development and QA teams.
• Creative and friendly work environment in an international company driven by innovation Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• We are constantly investing in team training and general well being
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $1.9 billion.
Our websites: americangreetings.com, americangreetings.ro, bluemountain.com, jacquielawson.com
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, SAP, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
• DWH: Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
• Infrastructure: Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
• Software testing: Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more.
• SAP: Web-Dynpro ABAP, as IDOC, PI, Web-service, Proxy, OData, EDI/ALE/IDOCs, RFC, BAPI's.
Join US, and you’ll discover a place to come to work with pleasure!
We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Polytechnics University and AFI.