System Test Engineer - PSS TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Our components for Passive Safety Systems provide drivers' protection in unpleasant situation of a crash event.
One of the most important safety system's parts in the car - the Airbag Control Unit (ACU) - is managing the deployment on the airbags in such a way that the car occupants' injuries are reduced as much as possible. The ACU module is designed based on the newest technologies in automotive area, receiving information from distant sensors placed in several locations in the car: side pillars, inside doors, behind the front bumper etc.
As a System Test Engineer for the Airbag Control Unit, you will:
*Create solutions for testing various functionalities of the device, by integrating HW equipment, SW routines & Mechanical components
*Have the possibility to use both programming skills and electronics knowhow in order to create the right test setup for the testbe challenged in finding defects/bugs for the tested functionality
*Interface on a regular basis with all involved departments in the development process (SW, HW, Algo)
*Validate the system functionalities according to test specification
*Document the defects and test results and provide reports to project management
*Cooperate with and development teams and customers worldwide
The System Test Engineer position is described as a very dynamic, non-repetitive job in Continental organization; it also gives the opportunity to find, suggest and implement new test scenarios to test the component functionalities.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
The mentorship period will also give the possibility to build the networking and familiarize with the development team.
* University Degree (i.e. Computer Science, Informatics, Telecommunication)
* Experience using electronic test tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, arbitrary waveform generator etc.)
* Practical programming experience in CC++C#, Visual C is a plus
* Automotive or system experience is a plus
* Knowledge of Test automation tools is a plus (e.g. CANoe)
* Basic Electronic knowledge
* Good English language skills
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.