Senior SW Architect for CEM fusion system-ADAS TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
We're looking for a senior, highly experienced software architect with great OOP knowledge and C++ software development skills to take the responsibility of a complex data fusioning system. CEM (Comprehensive Environmental Model) is a real-time data aggregator and fusioning system that has to abstract and model diverse sources of information, ranging from vehicle sensors to backend servers, and fuse them intro a robust, real-time environmental model that will enable automated driving decisions. The main professional benefits for you are:
* Opportunity to become an internationally recognized expert in a specific research area of highly automated driving by creating new concepts that will govern the future technologies in this field
* Work with state-of-the-art ideas and concepts
* Understand and tackle real engineering and research challenges like high precision localization, online sensor performance monitoring, perceptibility, connected vehicles / internet of things, environmental data fusion (traffic participants, road model, static enviroment, 3d perception, traffic rules and others)
* Join a team of creative software and algo engineers working for one another, driven by their passion to win and using their freedom to act. In this position you will:
* Discuss with stakeholders and decide for interfaces between SW modules and the interfaces with outside world of the fusion software system.
* Participate in the software development process and take software architecture decisions that will increase the efficiency, scalability and reusability of the overall fusion system
* Moderate reviews with SW Project Management and SW Functions Lead Engineers for the architecture of each main function inside the software system.
* Work within an innovation and advanced engineering team in Timisoara but also cooperate in an international development team
* Maintain the SW Architecture documentation ADAS AE-RO (Advanced Engineering Romania) is a team that is focusing on concept definitions and proof of concepts trying to find the right answers to fundamental questions of new ADAS technologies: what? how? and most important, why?. Our purpose is to discover and develop new ideas in order to decide if it make sense to introduce them in our future products. You can discover more insights about Advanced Engineering, automateded driving and ADAS at:
* Good knowledge and experience in OOP (object oriented programming)
* Practical experience in architecture and design of complex software systems
* C++ software development skills
* Ability to deal with ambiguity
* Ability to work with different levels of abstraction (big picture and the details)
* Excellent communication skills in English, also in writing
* University degree (Computer Science / Informatics related) Experience in following areas is optional and is considered a plus:
* data fusion software systems
* software development processes
* automotive software
* embedded systems
* backend technologies
* signal processing
* german language.
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.