DFSS Engineer for P S&A - TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs DFSS Engineer for P S&A - TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
This position involves the improvement of quality and robustness of the design output. You will be acting as a coach / mentor for our design engineers on Design for Six Sigma tools and act as the driving force for promoting the Six Sigma culture by working together with the design engineers on strategic projects. Your tasks will contain the following responsibilities:
* Responsible for guiding the engineers through the DFSS activities throughout the Product Life Cycle;
* Identifies work products and integrates the DFSS project activities into the Product Life Cycle's timeline;
* Provides support in the selection of CTQ's (critical to quality characteristics);
* Ensures that opportunities for design, operation, cost, quality, and manufacturing improvements are identified and balanced based on implementation of DFSS philosophy;
* Analyzes with the team(s) highly complex design problems and formulates engineering conclusions by application of specific DFSS tools and principles;
* Trains engineering in Tolerance Stack Up Analysis and CTQ optimization;
* Mentors and supports project stakeholders to address critical issues and help design engineers establish and maintain control over key design and process parameters;
* Displays excellent communication and presentation skills with a passion for coaching and guiding design engineers to use the right Six Sigma tools and analysis. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electrotechnics or related discipline;
* 3-5 years experience in Design or Quality Engineering;
* Specific training and certification as a 6-Sigma Green / Black Belt by a certified training center or equivalent is a plus;
* Background in the quality disciplines, including statistics is a plus;
* Basic user of Minitab or other DFSS software;
* Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests;
* Knowledge of FMEA, Tolerance Stack Up, etc.
* Basic knowledge about FEM; CAD software like ProE/Creo is a plus;
* Experience in New Product Development and Quality improvement in the Automotive Industry is preferred.
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Flexibility (4 mobile work days/month)
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits ;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara/Iasi Residents. Come and meet us!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.