IT OPS Engineer (Financial Markets)
ING is the largest online bank in the whole of Europe and a frontrunner in the transformation of banking. At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them.
Our story in Romania started in 1994. Here we pioneered the local banking industry, bringing new products and services for local corporate. In 2004, ING extended services to individual clients, with an innovative banking model – ING Self’Bank. Today, ING Romania has over 1,100,000 individual active clients and ING Home’Bank is rated as the best digital banking application.
We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Sharing the purpose of empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business, since 2015, ING Tech Center develops banking solutions in the fields of Core Banking Development, Financial Markets and Data Management for ING Group, including ING Bank Romania. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 500 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING.
Why work for us? Here’s a snapshot of our perks:
•Work from Home
•Flexible Work Schedule
•Agile Way of Working
What you bring to the team
• University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Informatics or equivalent;
• 4+ years’ experience as an infrastructure professional;
• You are highly knowledgeable on Red Hat operating systems and networking You are also showing knowledge and interest in clustered environments;
• Experience with CI/CD tooling (such as: Git, Jenkins, Fortify, Sonar), scheduling tools (e.g. TWSd);
• Experience with at least one virtualization- and/or containerization technologies; VMWare, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift;
• Ability to automate release processes and operations using e.g. Python, Shell, Ansible;
• Passion for technology, drive for continuous improvement, and using your creativity to achieve this;
• Occasional travel abroad for knowledge buildup and getting to know your colleagues is required.
Nice to have
• Knowledge on Windows server platforms and MSSQL;
• highly interested in performance analysis and tuning of data bases (Oracle) and in-memory distributed caches (e.g. Apache Ignite).
• You have experience with setting up and maintaining monitoring frameworks (e.g. Logstash/Kibana/Elastic Search/ Nagios/ Graphite/Grafana). Setting up dashboards for: performance metrics, trend analysis, alerts. (nice to have)
• You can prove knowledge about authentication and authorization web-technologies based on web-tokens.
Why Pricing & Risk?
Our Pricing & Risk domain provide our Traders and Financial Risk Managers with instant and accurate pricing and risk simulations for their Interest Rates-, Foreign Exchange-, and Credit derivatives product/service offering, such that millions of potential future scenarios can be evaluated pre-deal, instantly. The Squads use an in-memory cache (Apache Ignite) and GPU computing, for high-performance computing as well as in-memory OLAP cubes for analysis of high data volumes.
As DevOps Engineer in our Platform Squad you provide the automation, tooling, resilience and security necessary for smooth feature delivery by your colleague Capability Squads. Your purpose is to make these Capability Squads ever faster and reliable.
• You work closely together with Capability Squads to help them on-board to the ING Private Cloud infrastructure. You will master all the technical-, infrastructure- , security- and deployment aspects of this cloud solution to design a fit-for purpose stack; Also assisting the Capability Squads with a seamless migration to this cloud infrastructure
• Take responsibility for the full the stack/platform on Development, Test as well as Acceptance and Production environments. You automate relentlessly: Regression Testing (Functional, Performance, Security), Deployments, and Operations (Data Center failover, Backups/Restore, Security).
• Providing an integrated monitoring framework to correlate application and infrastructure metrics to SLA dashboards/reports.
• You take ownership of life cycle management of all components (O.S., Middleware, Database) as well as security (interface encryption certificates, user access, vulnerability analysis and patching). Our Pricing & Risk applications primarily use: Linux, Oracle and Apache Ignite, Java based applications
• You will need your analytic skills and propose improvements that are future proof and will fit the ING standards
• As part of a cross-border (Amsterdam, Bucharest) Platform Squad you work in an Agile/Scrum way, on the backlog prioritized by a Technical Product Owner..
• Our platform has a global user base of Risk Managers, Traders, Sales in Singapore, Europe, New York, you are responsible for supporting a stable, performing and secure platform/service.