Project Functional Safety Manager for P ES TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs Project Functional Safety Manager for P ES TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The Powertrain division develops and produces efficient system solutions for vehicle powertrains to optimize fuel consumption. The comprehensive range of products includes gasoline and diesel injection systems, engine management and transmission control, including sensors and actuators, exhaust-gas after -treatment technologies, fuel supply systems, and components and systems for hybrid and electric drives. Powertrain employs more than 40,490 people worldwide and, in 2017, recorded sales of about €7.7 billion.
We are looking for a Project Functional Safety Manager for a Mild Hybrid project Mild Hybrid cars contains two electrical systems: the traditional 12V system and a new 48V electrical system. The 48V system consists mainly in one 48V battery, a DC-DC converter and a starter-generator. The starter-generator will be used as an electric motor during the start phase and when the driver needs additional power and it will be used as generator in certain moments, example during the braking. This will allow thermal engine to work as long as possible in nominal mode, with maximum efficiency, minimum fuel consumption and minimum emissions. The mild hybrid system is not expensive, could be adapted to most of existing cars, do not requires heavy battery packs or long charging time and it allows to add electrical components working at 48V, like e-compressor. As Project Functional Safety Manager, you will drive and lead the project management activities related to Functional Safety, developing the safety case as defined in development interface agreement and ensuring the functional safety work products adhere to the defined process during safety life cycle. You will work for one of the top 3 world wide OEM's, HMC, with a project team located mainly in Germany. Responsibilities:
* Planning of the safety activities and alignment with the customer
* Coordinate project activities related to functional safety with the involved engineering disciplines
* Monitor of progress & achievement of the safety activities for the customer application projects
* Main customer contact for functional safety topics.
* Align platform safety requirements with OEM specific requests (supported by BU-FSM & experts from development disciplines)
* Demonstrate safety integrity of product by the mean of the safety case before SOP
* Plan the execution of the functional safety audits/assessments together with BU-Q and BU-FSM
* Initiation of the ES Q alert procedure in case of functional safety issues Deliverables:
* Development Interface Agreement
* Hazard Analysis
* Safety plan
* Safety analyses
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility and you will have a training plan to acquire the knowledge specific to Powertrain.
* University degree in relevant field: Automation, Computers Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics and Informatics, Electronics
* Proven experience in Automotive industry
* Knowledge about development process (Advanced)
* Knowledge of System/HW/SW solutions (Advanced)
* Functional Safety (Medium)
* Knowledge of FMEA/FTA (Basic)
* Knowledge of Safety related norms & standards (e.g. ISO 26262, VDA AK EGAS) (Basic)
* Conflict Management skills
* Very good communication skills
* Fluent English
* Knowledge of project management (Basic)
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.