Network Security Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs GTS Telecom active
View all jobs Network Security Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Others active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Who we are
GTS Telecom owned by Deutsche Telekom AG is one of the main infrastructure-based provider of telecommunications services in Romania and is positioned as a quality leader in the communications segment for medium and large companies. Our company is one of the founding members RoNIX (Romanian Network for Internet eXchange) and is certified ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 27001.
GTS provides national and international transport solutions for data, voice, internet access, cloud services and collocation in our own data centers in Bucharest and Cluj. The company operates an extensive Ethernet and MPLS network built on a resilient fiber optic infrastructure. The company has approximately 130 employees and is based in Bucharest.
Our company values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the marketplace. They provide standards at every level of our business and are the ethical foundation for everything we do at GTS.
We are committed to our customers
GTS knows how hard our customers work to make their businesses successful. We seek to understand their needs and develop innovative solutions which help our customers become a better business.
We are local and our people make the difference
Though we operate across the region, we live and work in the same cities as our customers. Our dedicated and skilled employees work as a team to deliver services at the highest standards and speed in the industry.
We do as we say we are going to do
Trust is earned. We follow our words with actions so everyone knows they can depend on us. By being forthright, we are easier to do business with and show that we have integrity. We are proud of GTS
- Self-motivated and goal driven with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills including strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Desire to learn new skills and grow competencies;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines;
- Advanced experience with major firewall platforms (like Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Checkpoint, etc.). Certification for any platform is a plus;
- Advanced experience implementing and troubleshooting encryption and tunneling protocols (GRE, IPSEC, SSL VPN, IKE, IKEv2, etc.);
- Good knowledge of application-level security appliances and features, like load-balancing, WAF, IPS, IDS · Advanced experience with Linux/Unix operating systems;
- Good understanding of networking and network topology (switching, dynamic routing protocols);
- Good understanding of various Internet-related protocols and services, including DNS, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, SSH, NFS, CIFS;
- Scripting skills (like bash, perl, python) are a plus.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of customer projects, related to network security devices and systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networks (VPN), etc;
- Maintain close contact and open communication with the customer during the implementation phase, and during the service lifecycle, when an escalated issue has to be resolved;
- Documentation and implementation of services, processes and procedures that will ensure efficiency within the department;
- Contributes as presales engineer during occasional customer meetings, when high-level expertise is required;
- Maintains the equipments operating systems and software patched according to security best practices and as agreed with the customer;
- Vulnerability management, platform selection.
What we offer:
-A dynamic and professional working environment;
-New technologies and the opportunity to be creative;
-Career development opportunities.