Network Project Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Network Project Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience or an appetite for the following:
• Working closely with business management to determine business process, productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support the company’s overarching goals
• Analysing technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations
• Working with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters
• Developing design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices
Required technical skillset:
• Routing and switching, including LAN, WAN, MAN and WLAN technologies
• Low latency switching technologies
• InfiniBand switching
• Firewall technologies
• Fibre technologies
• Manage the delivery of technical solutions for recurring technical issues, ensuring that long term fixes are implemented to prevent any repeated failures
• Provide escalated support and troubleshooting as required to maintain availability of network
• Ensure work projects are accurately reported and delivered within the project budget and deadlines, focusing on continuous improvement
• Ensure project estimates are fully scoped, underpinned by assumptions and derived from thorough analysis
• Provide high quality documentation and Network diagrams to the Network Operations team
• Responsible of the project handover to the Network Operations team , and on-site support after project go-live
• Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
• Lead teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence, which are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.