DevOps Cloud Engineer
Vauban is a great independent Romanian Group with more than 11 years of sustainable and healthy growth. We do focus on innovation, learning, entrepreneurship and capacity to find new solutions. The company figures are +450 consultants, +100 clients, having locations in Romania and France.
Our teams daily deliver Technology Services as consultancy (missions at clients’ premises), and also from our delivery center (integration & application development in digital and BI, Software as a Service management, Production, security and infrastructure).
Vauban is also the Romanian partner with Top premium software editors, leader in data governance and security, being responsible to integrate the solutions and to ensure local support.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• REST API integration knowledge;
• Deep understanding of deploying applications in cloud native environment (preferably openstack or aws / azure / serverless) through orchestration platforms VRA/VRO (mandatory) or Terraform, Kubernetes, Swarm);
• Demonstrated experience with automated build pipeline, continuous integration, and continuous deployment with test automation frameworks tools such as Git, Jenkins, Travis.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with VMware SDDC Components (ESXi, vCenter, NSX, vSAN) preferred.;
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.);
• Understanding of management tools like Ansible Tower, Puppet or Chef;
• Linux System administration experience;
• Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; proficient in unit and integration testing paradigms.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• University degree or higher education in Computer Science;
• Fluent in English with ability to communicate at all levels;
• Working with international and virtual teams;
• Willing to travel 10% of the time.
• The Solution Design unit is within Group Data Centre (GDC) responsible for providing Cloud solutions.
• This can either be a private or public cloud solution. The function is to build infrastructure services for Group functions and also for telecom comapany.
• Key responsibilities include developing and implementing consumable, standardized infrastructure services (resilient, high quality, highly automated and up-to-date), support and educate consumers on using the standardized infrastructure services (consumer is responsible for their own instances), implement mandatory security standards and develop an ecosystem of tools to provide self-service capabilities to the consumer.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Acts as a Cloud Automation Senior Mater Expert for the DEVOPS team; responsible to create, manage, test and release high-performing and highly-automated vRealize Orchestrator workflows and vRealize Automation Blueprints as part of a vRealize Cloud solution following to Agile or Waterfall methodologies
• Support internal customer in leveraging the infrastructure to build Cloud Ready applications
• Drive definitions of our API catalogue and offering.
• Help transition of our automation and orchestration development into a full staging / continuous delivery chain
• Define business and technical requirements and driving adoption of new workflows and Blueprints
• Collaborate with delivery teams, providing guidance and subject matter expertise for consumable, standardized infrastructure services.
• Deliver high-performing and highly-automated infrastructure services that scale across the different regions.
• New team;
• Ongoing project;
• Team works agile with Germany and Spain;
• Automations on private cloud platform;
• Platform is build now.