Service Delivery Manager
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
- Proven track record in client relations management, especially in the cloud service delivery marketplace
- Strong change management and project management skills. Formal training in management disciplines will be an advantage.
- Politically astuteness and conflict management skills.
- Must be articulate in both the verbal & written communication.
- Analytical and problem-solving attributes.
- Exhibit tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive customer issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Able to identify the current status of customer expectations and satisfaction levels.
- Organised and self-driven to achieve goals
- Cool under pressure
- Ability to influence and negotiate win/win situations
- Ability to ‘bring others along’ to the one goal, in a global, multi cultural and cross-functional organization
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to quickly identify goals to be pursued, and to influence others towards these same goals.
- Ability to travel
Qualifications & certification:
- Degree level education in numerical, technical or business subjects or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5 to 10+ years in an IT, consultancy or software delivery customer-facing, service delivery environment with significant client contact across all levels within a technical environment.
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountability and responsibility for client retention and service satisfaction through establishing and maintaining service excellence; contributing to the achievement of agreed client goals and managing expectations accordingly; building and nurturing a relationship built on transparency, respect and trust.
- Proactively coordinate, prioritize and align services and resource requirements with delivery area owners; identifying and communicating delivery risk.
- Identify and manage areas where the client has expectations that are misaligned with their contract / Finastra policy and work to gain re-alignment.
- Provide leadership and ownership and manage the delivery of service from delivery units in a service partnership, building and nurturing a relationship built on transparency, respect and trust as ‘One Service Team’ with the customer.
- Report internally, as agreed, deliverables and schedules and status against those schedules, including identified risks and ‘asks’ regarding mitigation (include highlighting potential penalty SLA non- compliance risk).
- Act as escalation point for Account Management and the customer for delivery of any identified operational priority issues.
- Proactively communicate escalations and create and provide regular updates regarding escalated clients to the Finastra teams and Finastra Leadership Team.
- Work with the cross-functional teams, to resolve any operational escalations, breakdowns in the process, identifying and discussing with CS management, what needs to be done tactically and strategically to improve.
- Define and manage the agreed operational governance model.
- Organize, prepare and drive regular status update and management meetings, as agreed with the client and internally.
- Understand the client business and application roadmap and advise on direction and schedules to ensure the best possible experience, clearly identifying upfront and ongoing, risks and how they may be mitigated/minimized.
- Educate the client in their roles and responsibilities in respect to production and non-production support, setting / aligning expectations and identifying areas where improvements can be made and work with them to enable those improvements, including the identification of customer self-enablement opportunities; working with the customer to plan and progress as necessary, including identification and progression of Premium Support
- Understand the client RAG status at all times and identify and progress areas where improvement is necessary.
- Where level C engagement is required, proactively engage that, working closely with the Finastra Executive sponsor to brief on challenges, risks and suggested actions
- Support the organization to organically grow the account, expand the portfolio of licensed software and contracted services, through service excellence and positive client relations and trust, working closely with other areas of the organization as necessary.
- Ensure the Handover process from implementation to production support is completed, engaging client stakeholders and professional services alike, appraising the customer on CS Service procedures and standards/tools, as well as introducing Premium Services.
- Support and coach the Customer Advocate in respect to client interaction; building skill and confidence.
- Drive and work to industry standard Service Management processes