This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs UNIX/LINUX Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
The role involves being part of the Unix Engineering team, who provide 2nd and 3rd line support for the London Stock Exchange Group’s transactional and associated peripheral systems. The primary focus is the 24x7 availability of servers and hosted applications across the portfolio of equity exchanges, derivative markets and market information dissemination systems. The core application technologies are the ultra low latency Millennium IT developed trading, market data and clearing platforms, in addition to the SOLA derivatives engine.
The aim of the role is to proactively prevent and resolve issues that may impact these services, and to provide both proactive and reactive support in accepting, tracking and resolving defects in what is a non-stop environment. The role involves in-depth technical work on the Linux platform and its hosted technologies. The ideal candidate will be a team focused self starter, possessing a broad skillset covering engineering with some exposure to networking/application support.
Candidate Background and Skillset:
• Heavy experience in Linux operating systems (industry certifications advantageous);
• Experience in provisioning tools including Satellite, Foreman, Puppet or Ansible;
• Desirable experience in the Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions;
• Strong scripting and programming (BASH or Perl);
• Experience of HP and IBM hardware, VMWare, Control-M, TrueSight, NetBackup, Subversion, Jira and Remedy would be preferred.
• Implement and support infrastructure solutions across a number of trading and information platforms, including a growing number of AWS hybrid cloud solutions;
• Provide expertise on Red Hat Linux operating systems and associated Kickstart build technologies, and their integration with Satellite/Foreman lifecycle management;
• Technical support provision for clustering solutions including Veritas Cluster Server, SLES/RHEL High Availability Extensions;
• Manage multiple streams of work, project resource requests and out-of-hours/weekend support demands;
• Correctly impact and manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and privileged access processes, liaising with other business and technical teams;
• Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and risk, attending project meetings and analysing impact for proposed project work, meeting deadlines;
• Collaborate with engineering efforts for performance tuning, systems deployment, and configuration management through Puppet;
• Provide input to architectural designs for network, infrastructure, database and applications;
• Identify and resolve latency and packet loss issues across InfiniBand and 10GbE fibre networks.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how the technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and a problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career. We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
• 25 days’ holiday a year
• Private medical insurance
• Group life insurance policy
• Meal vouchers