System Administrator for Web Platform
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
• Degree level education and highly proficient in spoken and written English;
• Knowledge of Linux based HA architectures (Red Hat);
• In-depth experience in web platform management and troubleshooting;
• Advanced knowledge of application layers in web environment (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat) and Java configuration and troubleshooting;
• Good knowledge of Oracle Coherence Data Grid;
• Knowledge of Nagios/HP OVO monitoring and good understanding of Storage Area Network is desirable;
• Availability for On call shifts;
• Good communication skills and experience with remote teams is highly appreciated.
• Supporting implementation and delivery phase for the service;
• Setting up and configuring all the environment related to the systems, collaborating with the other infrastructure functions;
• Guaranteeing that the environments, not only production, are working according to standards: performance analysis of the application and system;
• Planning, supporting and monitoring all technical/architectural/performance tests for the application go-live;
• Managing the day by day activities, supporting the business in case of problems and new requests;
• Maintaining the technical documentation;
• Technical involvement in new projects and configuration;
• Release management of the new version of the application and testing in the PREPROD environment to evaluate the problem/error and support the business UAT.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how the technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career. We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
• 25 days’ holiday a year
• Private medical insurance
• Group life insurance policy
• Meal vouchers
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence, which are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.