Project Controller with Spanish Skills
Micro Focus and HPE Software have joined to become one of the largest pure-play software companies in the world. Bringing together two leaders in the software industry, Micro Focus is uniquely positioned to help customers maximize existing software investments and embrace innovation in a world of Hybrid IT - from mainframe to mobile to cloud.Requirements
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics
· Typically 1+ years of experience in economics
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
· Analytical skills
· Advanced written and spoken communication skills in English
· Medium/ Advanced proficiency in a second language: Spanish
· Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
· Strong communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Good business acumen
· NetSuite/OpenAir exposure would be considered a plus
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
The SW Quote 2 Cash team at Micro Focus is committed to provide operational excellence, people development, and innovation. Our Project Controllers team provides end to end order management and financial services for SW Services meeting our EMEA business partners and customer’s requirements according to the US GAAP/IFRS accounting principles and Micro Focus internal regulations
The Project Controller is responsible for the end to end operational activities for the EMEA countries:
· Reviews customer documentation, initiates and controls each SW Services project
· Order management activities in NetSuite OpenAir, Sales order booking, Invoicing, 3rd party management, Cost entries
· Cost and revenue accounting: tracks project financials, balance sheet reconciliation
· Month end closing activities: cost and revenue recognition, financial transaction posting in NS, Data quality, Financial reporting
· Establishes and maintains relationships with Project Managers to guide and influence profitability of the SW services projects
· Participates in teleconferences regarding project status and variance explanations
· Provides analytic support to business initiatives, maintaining and tracking each project financial
· Interacts with Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Finance teams and Q2C management
· Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities according to Microfocus policies