This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Certent active
View all jobs DataBase Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We're Certent and we take care of our people.
Our software and services are used by over 2,400 public, private and pre-IPO customers to administer equity management plans and financial reporting processes.
Growth is in our DNA. Not only will you have great opportunities to grow with Certent, you’ll be an integral part of our success. Deloitte Technology Fast 500 named Certent as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America two years in a row, and we've been on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for six years.
You will have access to a suite a benefits and perks that allow you to focus on your work and be productive.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications or closely-related discipline.
• 2+ years hands-on working experience in production support of Oracle/SQL server databases in a 7/24/365 environment.
• Ability to balance multi-task and multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Must be a team player willing to make every effort to make the team a success.
• Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Must have strong diagnostic and problem-solving ability.
• Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
• Stays current with emerging technologies, industry best practices for Oracle and SQL server.
Production Database Support
• Install, patch and maintain Oracle and SQL server databases
• Manage regularly scheduled backups and refreshes
• Manage Oracle and Sql Server disaster backup and recovery using tools such as RMAN and SSMS
• Tune Oracle and Sql server instance components including SQL and PL/SQL. Able to quickly digest and resolve production related performance issues
• Linux bash scripting
• Highly desirable experience in:
o Linux System Administration
o DOS and PowerShell scripting
o Azure Cloud (Daas) and Oracle Cloud
• Able to provide on-call duty
Non Production Database Support
• Support multiple application and support teams with numerous on-going projects
• Provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and performance related issues
• Be instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle/SQL server database and database related tools
• Performs assessments and listens to internal customers to understand and anticipate their needs and determine their priorities in the context of the overall enterprise
• Must have strong hands-on experience in coding, debugging and tuning Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
Want to chat about your career goals and see if this is a good fit? Click Apply, and if you have a passion for support and data and would like to join a global team, we'll be in touch to get the conversation started. In the meantime, head over to our Certent website to get to know us better.