Scala/Java Software Engineer
Why should you join us?
At METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA we build the software and digital solutions that powers one of the biggest retailers in the world, Metro Cash&Carry.
We are setting up a new software development team to help us build innovative solutions to support our wholesale and retail business in over 25 countries.
You will be part of a team of technical experts focused on developing the new Metro solutions for optimization of our supply chain operations. As a software engineer, you will develop full stack applications that leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide.
Successful candidates will be innovative, passionate, flexible and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code.
The skills you’ll need:
- Working experience of Scala programming
- Fluency in Java acquired in 2+ years of development experience
- Good knowledge of working with Cassandra and SOLR or similar technologies
- Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger
You will definitely get our interest if you:
- Are familiar with the Lightbend stack: akka, akka http, akka streams
- Have good knowledge of data structures and algorithms with a high interest in machine learning models
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes
- You’re a great fit for us if you:
- Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Have a good sense of humor
- Are always thinking, “What happens if this fails?”
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team
- Agile is a plus, but personality is key in working in this environment - Quick, fast environment where everyone contributes to each task
* Agile is a plus, but personality is key in working in this environment - Quick, fast environment where everyone contributes to each task