Mobile Programmer (One year contract)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Electronic Arts Romania active
View all jobs Mobile Programmer (One year contract) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Main Purpose of the Role
The SE will work on the continued development and support of an application, which is used for Over-The-Air mobile games deliveries for testing purposes. This position is responsible to develop the Shift application to enable the OTA games deliveries. Shift is an enterprise application responsible for managing, transferring and tracking EA intellectual property, game builds, throughout the organization. The candidate designs and codes the required features in a large web based application. They are expected to perform the requirement gathering, analysis and design tasks, taking basic concepts all the way through the development cycle to their completion.
The ideal candidate must be able to function and thrive in a rapidly changing, agile development environment, and deliver high-quality, timely results without being micromanaged.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Gather and verify technical requirements from stakeholders or business analysts
· Author designs ensuring completion of all requirements
· Analyze business processes and define application workflows focusing on usability
· Establish quality standards through code reviews and design approvals
· Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies and deliverables
· Write high quality code and debug across multiple modules while dealing with related external dependencies
· Perform complete testing of web applications – unit, system and black box testing
· Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
· Train and mentor co-workers within understood expertise
· Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
Skills and Knowledge Required
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent Software Engineering skills
- Understanding of the architecture and structure of iOS and/or Android applications
- Strong Java programming skills
- 4+ years of proven experience in web development projects
- Experience with Over-The-Air updates for Android and/or iOS devices
- Performing systems analysis and architecture. Coding own designs.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Java EE, Spring
- Experience in Nuxeo Platform; DM, or DAM
- Programming skills in Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#)
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON) and APIs
- Experience working with databases, MS SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with mobile application development (Android and/or iOS desired).
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
Behaviors / Competencies:
- User-centered design sensibilities
- Highly proactive with an ability to think outside of the box
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and driven by results
- Able to work independently, or as part of a team, efficiently to meet deadlines
- Analytical, reflexive
- Effective time management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills