Internship in Finance Team - General Electric
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Entry level professional positions; includes some team leader positions. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures. Limited independence in problem solving and decision making.
- Manage the controllership and financial reporting of projects in accordance with internal control rules.
- Ensure project accounting is in accordance with Company guidelines; define milestone and liaise with accounting for revenue recognition.
- Organize the project reviews from start to the end of each contract.
- Ensure consistency with project teams.
- Analyze the execution performance and propose action plans to improve contract margin and cash profile as well as corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks.
- Basic understanding of procedures and concepts; understands how own area integrates with other teams; provides on the job training and support to new team members; expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Focus on individual or team results within department.
- Operates as independent professional.
- Student in an accredited university or college.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.