Treasury Settlements Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs British American Tobacco Global Business Services active
View all jobs Treasury Settlements Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Banks - Financial Institutions active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
British American Tobacco Global Business Services currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Treasury Settlements Analyst to join us in our Bucharest office.
The role reports to the Treasury Settlements Manager within the Global Treasury Operations team in GBS Europe.
The jobholder is required to work in an environment which is driven by strict, externally imposed deadlines. The overriding priority every day is the processing and settlement of deals and transactions generated by the Treasury Department. Total dedication to the day to day processing of such transactions, without distraction, is essential.
To be responsible for the of running of the day to day processing and settlements of Treasury transactions and in-house cash end of the month settlements processes, ensuring that all payments are made with good value, to the correct Standard Settlements Instructions (SSIs) and in accordance with a strong control environment.
- Minimize the potential for losses through claims against BAT International Finance caused by late payments or payments made to incorrect SSIs.
- Perform ongoing review of the control environment within which the Settlements desk operates in terms of the integrity of the systems used, segregation of duties, and the accuracy of master data records.
- Ensure that any manual payments related to BAT Dividend and Interim Dividend are made on time and reconciled correctly. Any other manual payments either related to treasury Deals or instructed by the Central Treasury team for should be processed correctly in due time per internal agreed controls.
- Minimize the potential for losses to BAT International Finance by raising and collecting claims against counterparties who fail to pay BAT International Finance correctly.
- Administer the daily update of the Groups money market funds, to review and retrieve data from each of the groups funds web sites, and reconcile daily fund balances to the groups system deal accounting records
- Manage customer relationships with specific attention to the Dealing Room, Treasury Control and BAT International Finance Accountants and evidenced by maintenance of KPIs.
- Take responsibility for the accurate reporting of all Treasury and in-house end of the month settlements related data for inclusion within the Banking Operations monthly KPI report by the 3rd working day of each month – for the previous month.
- Participate fully in any new Treasury/Corporate Finance driven initiatives (new products, complex transactions) to ensure that any procedural and/or systems changes are fully documented and tested and do not have a negative impact elsewhere within the processes.
- To act as a first point of contact for all Systems/Process/Controls related queries raised by the Treasury Team in London and also any queries raised by EMs concerning Treasury related activity. The jobholder will be required to work hours that will coincide with those of the TSC London.
- The jobholder must have 1- 3 years banking experience, ideally gained within the Treasury Settlements department of a major bank or a Treasury Settlements role within a multi-national Corporate
- A full understanding of the Settlements issues surrounding the various treasury products
- A full appreciation of value dating and currency cut-off times is essential
- The jobholder must have an eye for detail and an ability to avoid distraction while working to strict deadlines
- A desire to “serve the customer” is paramount.
- Ability to work calmly under strict time driven pressure with extremely high value financial transactions
- Knowledge and experience of e-Banking and Treasury Management systems (SAP) preferred
- Knowledge of SWIFT message types is beneficial
- Ability to work unsupervised