This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Federal-Mogul Motorparts active
View all jobs GL Accountant active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure timely and accurate booking of GL entries in SAP.
- Understand the rationale behind all GL postings, to ensure reasonableness.
- Perform month-end activities as required for F-M reporting (opening/closing of SAP modules, inter-company reconciliations, currency revaluations, uploads of SAP results into One Stream, etc.) within a tight timescale.
- Prepare balance sheet and bank reconciliations, with supporting documentation according to F-M standards and within the required time-scale.
- Follow-up of disputed/long-outstanding items to ensure integrity of the balance sheet.
- Maintain up-to-date procedure documents in English to satisfy F-M’s Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Support internal/external audit and Internal Control Office requests.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting from Trial Balance to P&L/Balance Sheet.
- Professional accounting qualification.
- Working knowledge of SAP, US GAAP, Romanian GAAP.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work in English.
- Good communication and time-management skills.
- Tenacious and detail-orientated working style, with a drive to resolve issues.
- Ability to work in one other European language would be a plus - Italian, French, German, Spanish.
- Track record of continuous process improvement.