Hardware Development Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design electronic control units/modules considering the electrical tolerance, limitations and the requirements of the automotive industry (design of electronic architecture, schematics, documentation, create or update eBOM)
- Calculate and document worst-case scenarios and analysis, verification by simulation. Define and test the limits of the analysis results to meet the "robustness validation" criteria
- Work with hardware team to design and document according to Preh and supplier standards. Cooperation with international suppliers and customers
- Development of testing procedures, testing HW components
- Support and coordinate samples for optimizations. Check and monitor the module validation as well as result interpretation and improvements
- Support cost quotation and analysis. Coordinate the design and verification of the ECUs (incl. mechanic, manufacturing, test, EMC)
- PCB layout support, design for EMC & ESD
- Supporting customers, sales team, quality and purchasing departments
- Product cost optimization initiatives
- Deep knowledge in analog and digital circuits and schematic design tools, knowledge in embedded systems with microcontrollers
- University Degree in Electronics, Telecommunications, Automatics, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics.
- Solid and previous hardware or system experience (calculation, simulation and analysis of hardware modules and functions)
- Ability to work independently or as a member in an international team
- Good knowledge in measurement techniques
- Experience in automotive electronics including networking (CAN, LIN, flexray bus) advantageous
- Knowledge and design according EMC & ESD and thermal design constraints, automotive experience is an advantage
- Very good communication skills
- Process-oriented, structured and analytic
- Good English skills in writing, reading and speaking
- Young and dynamic working environment
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
Since 1919 Preh has stood for technical innovation and SME-style flexibility. Having started out as specialists for radio and subsequently TV electronics, the company has evolved over decades into a global supplier and much sought OEM Partner in the automotive sector.
So when you have almost 100 years of history and you’re one of the top automotive suppliers, you have to be able to reinvent yourself time and again. And most importantly, be flexible, creative and committed. This enables our automotive customers to extend their lead and make the future of motoring a reality.
Our staff translate our values into boundless customer commitment. Why? Because Preh combines a very personal, family-like corporate culture with the dynamics and creativity of a modern automotive supplier.
We’re proud to work for makes such as Audi, BMW, Daimler and Porsche – because you can find Preh products as soon as you get into a car. It’s wonderful to be able to say to your family and friends: "That’s one of our parts, a Preh part!".